Inclement Weather Information
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT IF SCHOOL IS BEING DISMISSED EARLY OR CLOSED?
• TV stations: WSPA, WYFF, or FOX.
• School voice mail system: 578-4238
• SCA Website: www.scawarriors.org
• SCA email and text
• SCA Facebook page and Twitter
• In case of power outage, 89.3 FM WLFJ
DOES SCA FOLLOW THE LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT’S DELAYS OR CLOSINGS?
• SCA will not necessarily follow any local school district for delays or closings. Decisions in this area will be made as early as possible to assist parents in making arrangements, but parents should follow SCA closing information only, not the local school district plans.
IF SCA IS OPEN, BUT CONDITIONS ARE TOO HAZARDOUS IN MY AREA, ARE MY CHILDREN PENALIZED FOR MISSING SCHOOL?
• If we are open and you determine the conditions too hazardous for driving, please use your discretion. Students will not be penalized in this situation.
WHEN SCA IS CLOSED, DISMISSED EARLY OR DELAYED, HOW DOES THAT AFFECT MY PRESCHOOL 3K AND 4K STUDENT?
• If SCA classes are cancelled due to early dismissal or closing, all Extended Care programs are canceled.
• In the event of a 2 hour delay, preschoolers (3K, 4K) will not attend school, UNLESS they are normally registered for Extended Care. In that case, they may report to school at 9:00 am. No SCA students should arrive to school before 9:00 am during a 2 hour delay.
• In the event of a 1 hour delay, preschoolers registered for Extended Care may arrive beginning at 8:00 am. Preschoolers NOT registered for Extended Care may arrive beginning at 8:30 am.
WHEN CAN MY CHILD ARRIVE TO SCHOOL IN THE CASE OF A DELAY?
• In the event of a 2 hour delay, students registered for Extended Care may arrive beginning at 9:00 am. Students NOT registered for Extended Care may arrive beginning at 9:30 am.
In the event of a 1 hour delay, students registered for Extended Care may arrive beginning at 8:00 am. Students NOT registered for Extended Care may arrive beginning at 8:30 am.
• See Preschool guidelines in above section.
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED IF SCHOOL DISMISSES EARLY?
• In the case of early dismissal after students have arrived to school, parents should NOT call the voice mail system at 578-4238 as this will tie up the main phone line. If a call is needed, messages will be checked in a timely manner.
• Parents will first be notified by email and text, but parents can also use the other sources available.
o TV stations: WSPA, WYFF, or FOX.
o School voice mail system: 578-4238
o SCA Website: www.scawarriors.org
o SCA Facebook page and Twitter
o In case of power outage, 89.3 FM WLFJ
WHERE DO I PICK MY CHILD UP IN CASE OF EARLY DISMISSAL?
• Parents should be at the dismissal areas described below at announced dismissal time. For the safety of our students and teachers, we ask that all students be picked up within 30 minutes of announced dismissal time.
• Preschool Early Dismissal will be at the side entrance of the Rock between the Rock and the playground. Please enter at Pisgah Church road off of Highway 176. We feel this will be a safer dismissal area since middle and high non-driving students dismiss from the back parking lot. An administrator will direct traffic. Please have car tags visible as usual.
• 5K-6th Grades Early Dismissal will be at the regular dismissal area (ticket office). There will be one pick up line (no separate 2:30, 2:45, or 3:00 lines). An administrator will direct traffic. Please have car tags visible as usual.
• Middle School and High School non-drivers will be picked up at the regular dismissal area in the back of the school at the fellowship hall. An administrator will direct traffic. There will be no study hall in the event of an early dismissal. All students must be picked up within 30 minutes of announced dismissal time.
For parents with multiple grade level students, please pick up your youngest student first, then progress to other lines.
• Extended Care will be closed in the case of early dismissal.
• Parents should plan ahead and make emergency pick-up arrangements in advance to avoid confusion if and when the occasion arises.
IF MY CHILD IS A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT THAT DRIVES, WHAT ARE THE EARLY DIMISSAL PROCEDURES/POLICIES?
• High school drivers will be dismissed at announced dismissal time.
• Parents of students who ride with high school drivers should complete an Inclement Weather Student Release form found under the Resources tab/inclement weather on our website and turn it in to the school office by NOON, JANUARY 6 in order for the student to be released with a student driver. This includes siblings who ride with high school drivers.